TRIUMPH T150 BSA ROCKET 3 HYDRAULIC CLUTCH KIT
Kit for converting the cable operated clutch mechanism to hydraulic function for the classic triples of Triumph and BSA.
Please have in mind that the difference of this kit with the other kit available and goes for T160s is on the master cylinder’s housing. All the other parts are exactly the same.
This is my version with the hydraulic actuator inside the engine.
Here are the benefits of this conversion:
-Full transfer of the handlebar’s lever force to the clutch without friction or play.
-Maintenance free operation. No need of frequent adjustments or cable replacements.
-Greatly improved feel of the clutch’s operation to the hand with lighter action.
-The lever incorporates a simple and very efficient system that allows you to adjust the travel of master cylinder’s piston while maintaining the lever’s travel constant. That helps you to set the disengaging point of the clutch exactly where you want it.
The kit includes:
1. Complete handlebar assembly with housing, master cylinder, lever, fluid reservoir, two ertalon washers and one banjo bold.
2.” Inside engine” hydraulic actuator with all the necessary piping and two flat steel “holders”.
3. New clutch adjusting nut and a roller thrust bearing that fits on the actuator.
4. High quality stainless steel braded flexible lining. Comes in two lengths, one 134cm or 152cm depending on what type of handlebar is going to be attached. US high bar or UK/EUROPE low bar.
5. One and a half meter of plastic lining color black for covering the braded lining.
6. 5 tie raps.
7. 100 grams of hydraulic oil. The kit is working only with oil, under no circumstances you should use brake fluid.
8. Tools: one allen key of 1.5mm and one 5mm key.
9. CD with installation instructions.
The master cylinder assembly replaces the cable operated lever as you can see on the fourth photo and bolts on to the left controls switch assembly.